Mission & Philosophy
Our purpose is to provide a sound, academic education integrated with a Christian view of God and His world.
We are committed to a strong evangelical approach, as free as possible from doctrinal distinctions that would cause division. We want to prepare children to serve the Lord wherever He may lead them, in whatever capacity, throughout their lives. Therefore, we are committed to high academic standards, support for the authority of the parents, and respect for the ministry, leadership and distinct character of the student’s own church family.
Our curriculum is rooted in a God-centered worldview, implemented by qualified Christian faculty members, and founded on the truth of God’s Word, the Bible. We consider it our responsibility to augment and extend the Godly training you begin in the home by:
- Guiding each student toward a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Giving the student an understanding of the Bible, presenting all subject matter in the light of God’s Word.
- Providing a sound academic education in appropriate content areas, emphasizing basic skills, excellent study habits, and creative and critical thinking.
- Teaching the essentials of effective Christian citizenship and an appreciation of our Christian and American heritages.
- Encouraging attitudes of love and compassion toward and respect for all people.
- Developing Biblical ethics and Christian standards of morality.
Philosophy of Education
We partner with our students’ families to create an environment where students are taught of their world through the filter of God’s Word. In that arena, children are encouraged to reach toward the goal of excellence, not perfection. Training and nurturing their minds, their hearts, and their spirits in Godly ways produces mature students and leaders with an eternal perspective.
We fulfill our mission by developing curriculum, programs, and learning opportunities and environments designed to encourage student development in four general areas: Spiritual Growth, Biblical Worldview Development, Academic/Intellectual Development and Skills Development.
We are committed to the spiritual growth of our students by encouraging:
- A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to apply God’s Word.
- Ability to engage in the spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, Scripture memory, worship, and service.
- A personal response to sharing the message of redemption through Christ as Lord and Savior locally and around the world in a culturally sensitive manner.
- The power of the Holy Spirit and pursue a life of faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love.
We help students develop a Biblical worldview by teaching them how to:
- Articulate, defend, and live their lives in accordance with a Biblical worldview while having a basic understanding of opposing worldviews.
- Be good stewards of their finances, time, talents and other resources.
- Return the fruits of their blessings to God in a way that adds value to the kingdom.